September 7, 2009

Homemade Bath Balls

Pin It Now! I love anything for the bath. I have several bottles of different bath oils, bubbles, salts, and of course tons of bath balls. But these little buggers are expensive! I decided to try to make my own and they turned out great, and were super easy to make. They are also very inexpensive to create!!

Ingredients:
4 cups Epsom salt
4 tbsp. water
2 to 4 drops food coloring
few drops essential oil

Plus a round bath bomb mold, or something round to mold the bath balls in (I used silicone ramekins)

Pour the Epsom salt in a bowl. Add water and mix well. While continue to mix, add food coloring one drop at a time until you achieve the color you desire - about 2 to 4 drops should be enough. Add essential oil until you are happy with the scent.

Spoon mixture into one side of the mold and pack firmly. Pack the other side of the mold, and press together. Remove the top of the mold. Let sit 2 - 3 days to dry completely.

Transfer into jars or cellophane bags to create an adorable gift for friends and family.

I made mine with purple food coloring and lavender oil. They look like a perfect little gift wrapped in these cellophane treat bags tied with ribbon.





4 comments:

  1. These are cute....Where do you get molds or could you make a mold?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so had to make these today! I was already going to the store so I picked up the salts. I chose to make mine peppermint and I left them white to look like snowballs. I don't have a mold, but I lined a muffin pan with plastic wrap to help shape them. So cute, so simple, so yummy-smelling. Thank you so much for sharing this great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project! I am making those for sure!

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a brilliant idea! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete