June 3, 2012

Consignment Sales

Pin It Now!

Everyone knows that having a baby and buying all the gear they need can be expensive.  It can be, but it doesn't have to be.  When I was pregnant I decided I wasn't going to break the bank in order for my baby to have everything he needed.  I was able to score several cloth diapers, bags and bags of new-looking clothes, and lots of bottles.

I started by going to consignment sale events.  These are different than actual consignment stores.  Consignment events usually take place over a weekend at a warehouse or empty store.  Families price their own items and you'll usually find tons of items at good prices to choose from.  A consignment store also has items from families that they're consigning.  The prices are typically higher, but sometimes the quality is better.

Kids Consignment Sales has a database of most of the consignment event sales by state.  

Consignment Mommies has a database of consignment stores by state. 


No comments:

Post a Comment