November 13, 2009

Mason Jar Cupcakes

Pin It Now! I have so many friends and family that live out of town it's nice to have mail-able gifts.  This is my favorite to send to loved ones, everyone loves baked goodies!

You'll need:
Cake Mix (Boxed works great)
Frosting
Half-Pint Mason Jars

Follow the directions to prepare the cupcakes.  Line the muffin pan with cupcake liners, and bake as package suggests.  I used a mini-muffin pan for mine, but you can use whatever you have available.




Once out of the oven, let cupcakes cool completely - about 1 hour.

Cut cupcakes in half vertically.  Place each half in sterilized jar, piping (or spooning) the frosting in between the halves.  Frost top of cupcake.  Seal jar with lid and band.



{ I used mini cupcakes. I put three in each jar, piping in between }

You can decorate the jar however you like.  I used colored ribbons and made little tags that say "Enjoy!"

Freeze jars overnight, then pack jars securely in a box and mail.  The cupcakes will defrost in the mail, and you'll loved one will receive a little yummy gift ready to enjoy!





6 comments:

  1. These are so cute!!!! Love it! Such a creative way to give cupcakes. I think i'm gonna try those for acquaintances birthdays. Thanks for the idea!

    Yours Truly,
    Lady Lex
    ineedprettythings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! I love it! So useful for pretty much any occasion! Come by from Sits!

    Kelly @ Night Owl Notions
    Nightowlnotions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely fabulous idea! Now with me living in the Caribbean and all, I think the cakes will not only defrost but might be inedible by the time it gets to my faraway friends:) but I'm filing this away in my mental box of gift ideas for if we ever move back to the States or Virgin Islands.

    Thanks for sharing. I'm glad I cam over via SITS to find this wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest and tastiest idea!!! I can't wait to try it!

    Just stopped by from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've always loved mason jars and cupcakes. it's the perfect marriage of cuteness :)

    ReplyDelete