November 26, 2009

Want to know what I've been up to?

Pin It Now! Well, I've been so excited to share with you my big news...


I'm a Big Sister!





L is an aborable little ten year old girl full of wit and very creative.  She is smart and loves soccer and creating and making crafts.  Yay!  Crafty has a little crafty friend!  


We had our match meeting on November 19.  That day we met at the Big Brothers Big Sisters office and I was able to meet her mother and siblings.  We picked out several activities to do on our first few outings.  


L is truly an amazing kid that I'm so happy to be able to inspire, mentor and learn from.  


Our first outing was November 21 and we went to our local craft store and painted glass ornaments.  We then perused the different craft ideas, deciding to create a scrapbook of all of our future time together.  She picked out some fun paper and stickers, and decided that we need to take at least one picture each outing and create a record of our adventures.  She went through the embellishments and stickers and pointed to each sticker set making comments like "we can buy these stickers when we bake cupcakes," and "we can use these ones for when we go to a soccer game!"  It was thrilling to see her so excited and planning our future get-togethers.  I don't know who's more excited!  


I can't wait to watch her grow and be a part of her life. She has a wonderful mother that loves her dearly, and I'm so happy to share in development of this child.  


If you would like to enrich your life and the life of a child, you can sign up at the Big Brothers Big Sisters website.  

No comments:

Post a Comment