April 12, 2009

The Grocery Game

Pin It Now! I won't be doing my weekly grocery shopping today (Sunday) because we are completely stocked up on everything, so I wanted to explain The Grocery Game. TGG is an awesome service that helps you save an incredible amount of money, and does all the work for you! All you have to do is cut the coupons and go shopping.

Their service is very reasonably priced, it's just $10 every 8 weeks for the first store LIST you choose, and $5 every 8 weeks for each additional store LIST (if more than one store LIST is available in your area). The lists are based on the stores in your area. In my area, for example, the lists I subscribe to are two grocery stores and two drug stores - Albertsons and Safeway, Rite Aid and Walgreens.

To do best at this program, I recommend buying 2 Sunday papers. I cut out every coupon, except for the ones I will absolutely not use ever. I have my coupons organized in a binder with baseball card holder sheets in it. (You can buy them at Target)

The new list will be available each week on a specific day, usually Sunday. When you log in, it will show you the lists available, a different list for each store, and all items on the list. You can check off each item you are interested in, and sort your list that way. On the list it will show you the original price of the item, the store's sale price if applicable, the coupons that you can use on that item, and the ending total.

In the past couple weeks, I've saved about 60 - 75% on my grocery bill, and received several free items, like eggs and milk. I've purchased cereal for as little as .50 per box, and tuna for about .40 per can. TGG will let you know about special store promotions that you may otherwise not pay attention to in the store circular.

You can try out The Grocery Game for $1 for your first month, too!

Here's a picture of my shopping trip 2 weeks ago. I only spent $33 on all this!! Everything in the picture was either on sale or I had a coupon for, or both.



6 boxes Kraft Macaroni & Cheese
2 boxes Kellogg's Rice Krispies
1 box Kellogg's Frosted Mini Wheats
1 package Azumaya Tofu
1 Physician's Formula foundation powder
1 Febreze Air Freshener
2 packages Kraft shredded cheese
1 jar Taco Bell taco sauce
2 Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner
1 2 liter 7 up
1 2 liter Dr. Pepper
2 boxes Capri Sun
2 Glade Sense n Spray air freshener
2 cans Chicken of the Sea chunk tuna
4 bottles Softsoap handsoap
2 packages Reynold's Wrap foil
5 Del Monte fresh fruit cups
1 Real Simple magazine


"A penny saved is a dollar earned." B. Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment